Connecting You to Support Groups and Online Resources
Our mission is to connect you with valuable support groups and online resources. We understand that navigating life’s challenges can be overwhelming, which is why we’ve created this hub to provide a sense of community and access to helpful information.
- Center for ADHD Awareness Canada (CADDAC): A national charity providing leadership in awareness, education, and advocacy for ADHD across Canada. ONLINE SUPPORT GROUPS
- Canadian ADHD Resource Alliance (CADDRA): An independent, not-for-profit, resource organization for medical, healthcare and research professionals with an interest in the field of ADHD
- CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder): CHADD offers a wealth of information, articles, webinars, and local chapter support for individuals with ADHD and their families.
- ADDitude Magazine: This online resource provides articles, webinars, and a community forum dedicated to ADHD-related topics, including strategies for managing symptoms.
- TotallyADD: A website and community created by comedian Rick Green, offering videos, articles, and forums that address various aspects of ADHD with humor and insight.
Sleep Problems Resources:
- National Sleep Foundation: This organization provides comprehensive information on sleep disorders, tips for better sleep, and educational resources.
- MySleepWell: An online sleep improvement program.
- Sleep Foundation’s Sleep Diary: An interactive tool that helps individuals track their sleep patterns and identify factors that may contribute to sleep problems.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA): ADAA offers educational resources, articles, and a directory of mental health professionals who specialize in anxiety disorders.
- Mood Gym: An online cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) program for managing and reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Anxiety Canada: Provides self-help resources, including workbooks and guides, for managing anxiety.
General Mental Health and Well-being:
- Psychology Today: A website with articles, blogs, and a therapist directory that can help individuals find mental health professionals in their area.
- Mindful.org: Offers mindfulness and meditation resources to help manage stress, improve focus, and enhance overall well-being.
- Verywell Mind: Provides articles and resources on various mental health topics, including self-help strategies and expert advice.
- Medication and Herbal Advice: Poison & Drug Information Service (PADIS)Free | Confidential | 24/7 | Expertise & Advice | Poisons | Chemicals | Medications | Herbals
- If you are looking for medication or herbal advice, speak to your pharmacist, physician, or you can refer to MyHealth.Alberta.ca for information.
- Or if you have any health concerns, call Health Link by dialing 811 to talk to a registered nurse.
- If this is a medical emergency call 911 or head to the nearest emergency department.